In Chinese Astrology the year 2020 celebrates the Rat; they are intelligent, adaptable, ve quick-wit, charming and gregarious people. I myself am a Tiger ( yep born leader over here) so I need to wait till 2022 for my year to come around again. In the meanwhile, let’s celebrate the Chinese NY with some good food.
I have GREAT friends! Not only because they are there for me, in good, crazy, hilarious moments but also when I cry, am sick or need a hug. AND they bring me great stuff from far away places like China (Txs for the bowls Laurence!)
I absolutely LOVE these blue bowls – aren’t they just GORG – and with a little transatlantic brainstorming with my friend William in NYC – voila my Chinese New year celebration homage – Beef Noodle Soup.
Chinese Beef Noodle Soup
Yield 4 bowls
- 150 gr Beef, sliced
- 70 gr Chinese noodles, cooked
- 2cm fresh ginger, diced
- a few baby spinach leaves
- 1 table spoon ground ginger
- 1 chilli pepper, diced
- 2 table spoons soy sauce
- 1 table spoon sesame oil
- 3 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 500ml beef stock
- Add the ground ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil to a bowl, mix and add the beef. Make sure the beef gets coated and marinate in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bring beef stock to the boil and add the diced fresh ginger, cinnamon, star anise and chilli pepper. Boil for 10 minutes.Taste if any additional seasoning is needed.
- Pat the beef dry with kitchen paper and add to stock; boil for a few minutes till beef is cooked.
- Layer the serving bowl: cooked noodles, beef stock, spinach leave and beef slices.
recipe on LeeksandHighHeels.com by Sandra Slawinski
repost – not paid to post