Quince Tarte Tatin
- 3 quinces, peeled and cored
- 500 ml water
- 250 gr cater sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anis
- 1 slice lemon peel, about 5 cm long
- 15 gr unsalted butter
- 1 puff pastry
- Chop the peeled and cored quinces lengthwise in half, and in half again.
- Bring the water to the boil and sugar, stir with wooden spoon till dissolved, add the lemon peel, cinnamon stick and quince pieces. Let simmer about 15 minutes till the fruit is soft but still holds together nicely.
- Remove the fruit, lemon peel and cinnamon stick. Bring the liquid to a boil and let reduce by 1/3.
- Transfer the syrupy liquid to a skillet, remove from heat and stir in the butter and let cool.
- Place the poached quince pieces in the skillet, cut side up, ensure no large gaps and top with puff pastry. Tuck the edges. Bake in pre heated oven at 180C degrees for 25 minutes till golden brown.
- Gently loosen the pastry from the skillet with a knife, place a large serving plate on top and quickly but carefully invert. Serve immediately with some flavoured cream or vanilla ice cream.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at http://leeksandhighheels.com/fall-classic-reinvented-quince-tarte-tatin/