My stoemp w carrots and sausage
Yield 4 portions
- 1 kg potatoes for mash
- 4 large carrots
- 3 bay leaves
- 250 ml milk, whole
- 40 gr butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 4 sausages
- 30 gr butter, unsalted
- salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cut in equal chunks, rinse under fresh water and boil in salted water till soft, about 30 minutes.
- Peel the carrots, slice on bias an steam them with the by leaves till soft yet retain a little crunch, about 7 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and with a masher, stomp the potatoes while adding a little milk at time, making a smooth puree. add thee butter and the nutmeg. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots and carefully fold them in. Reserve.
- Bake the sausages in the butter and serve with the stoemp. Pour over the juices from the pan.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at http://leeksandhighheels.com/belgian-classics-2-how-to-make-belgian-stoemp/