Yes also in summer I crave comfort food and a grilled cheese sandwich cures almost all ailments I believe. My summer version melts cheese and fruit.
The joy of a grilled cheese: it goes with absolutely almost every fruit. Many a cheese lends themselves to being melted and coupled. Endless combo’s are possible when it comes to bread.
So go ahead and start thinking of your fave bread and cheese with that juicy fruit bang in season – Enjoy!
I went for Reblochon cheese on spelt bread with smashed brambles and a hint of lavender.
Berry Grilled Cheese
Yield 1 sandwich
- 50 gr brambles
- 20gr cheese - reblochon sliced
- 2 slices bread, 2 cm tick
- olive oil
- Heat the griddle or skillet till scorching hot, brush one side of each slice of bread with olive oil and grill for 2 minutes on that side. and than grill the other side.Remove bread slices from grill.
- Smash the brambles in a glass.
- Take the grilled bread and layer cheese with brambles, place on the griddle or skillet. Bake in pre- heated oven at 180 C degrees fro 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve warm with a fresh leave salad with lemon zest and olive oil.
recipe on www.LeeksandHighHeels.com by Sandra Slawinski