Valentine’s day celebrates love! I was out sick with stomach flu recently and I was stuck in bed and could not possible look at food pictures so I read the 50 Shades Trilogy. It gave me ideas, I mean food ideas for Valentines Day. Chocolate cake it is and I even made my own fondant from mini-marshmallows (so not worth it, just buy it).
So Mr Grey, here is my guilty pleasure chocolate cake …
Happy Valentine’s Day!
50 Shades of Chocolate Cake
- 200 gr dark chocolate
- 120 gr flour
- 200 gr sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 table spoon butter
- 1 table spoon cacao powder
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie. This a large pot of water just below boiling point with a smaller pot in melting the chocolate without burning it.
- Mix the eggs with sugar until white.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and mix well.
- Add the melted chocolate to the mixture and mix well.
- Butter the mould and add the cacao powder, shake it around to cover the inside and knock out the extra. Add the mixture till about 2 cm from being full as it will rise in the oven.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 C degrees for 45 minutes without opening the oven to avoid the cake from sinking.
- Let cool and serve with raspberries an whip cream. I added little harts in fondant.
recipe on LeeksandHighHeels.com by Sandra Slawinski