Roast Beef with Pickled Purple Cauliflower and Beets
Yield 2 persons
- 4 large slices of roast beef (bought at quality butcher of home made)
- 1 beetroot, boiled, peeled and pureed
- 1/4 purple cauliflower, cut in florets
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced finely
- some Parmesan shavings
- 300 ml vinegar
- 200 gr caster sugar
- a few brigs coriander or flat parsley , chopped
- salt and pepper
- Add the cauliflower florets, the vinegar and sugar to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Let boil for 10 minutes till florets are cooked but still have some crunch. Remove from heat and reserve in cooking liquid.
- Dress the plate or baguette or wrap as following: take a table spoon of beet puree and spread. Layer the 2 slices of roast beef on top, add a couple of slices of tomato, add a few drained florets, sprinkle with Parmesan shavings and chopped herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour that Leffe Blonde beer to perfection and Enjoy!
recipe on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at http://leeksandhighheels.com/14-beer-pairing-recipes-just-in-time-for-oktoberfest/